Cosmetic Acupuncture and Facial Rejuvenation
As we age we become more aware of the changes in the texture and complexion of our skin, such as the deepening of our smile lines and frown lines. Who wouldn’t want to have rested, rejuvenated skin naturally? Cosmetic Acupuncture is a painless, non surgical method of reducing the signs of the aging process by using acupuncture needles to decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the face.
This natural facial rejuvenation therapy can help lift tired muscles, shrink pores and improve facial complexion while reducing fine lines like smile lines, frown lines and forehead lines.
We look at your overall health to identify any underlying health concerns, and address these with a comprehensive treatment plan. This approach ensures that you will not only look beter, but also feel better
We take a holistic approach to improving your skin from the inside out. We look at your overall health to provide a treatment plan that will help improve underlying health concerns ensuring your body is in the best shape possible to not only help you look better, but to help you feel better. Here is what you can expect from an 1.5 hour long Cosmetic Acupuncture Treatment:
- Initial consultation to determine all health related concerns while also identifying problem areas in the face and skin.
- Acupuncture points are placed along the body to help address any adverse health concerns.
- Soothing facial herbal mask is gently painted on to the neck and face to help promote blood flow in the facial muscles, shrink pores and smooth complexion.
- Cold compress of green tea eye patches are placed over the eyes to gently cool and decrease puffiness.
- Once the mask is dry it is gently massaged off face and neck.
- The mask is followed by acupuncture points on the face. These acupuncture points will target the major muscle groups around the jaw, forehead and eyes to help stimulate and lift tired muscles.
- Finally, the acupuncture points are removed from the body and face. We then apply moisturizing eye and face cream that is gently massaged on with cool jade rollers, leaving your face cool and refreshed.
So you may be asking how does acupuncture do all of this. Well we use acupuncture needles to stimulate the major muscle groups around the eyes, jaw and forehead to help lift muscles, promote circulation and decrease inflammation. We use tiny (dermal) needles to create a micro injury within the fine lines on the face, this causes the body to produce collagen in response. The collagen puffs the fine line out and diminishes its appearance.
Acupuncture can be a natural way to help rejuvenate your skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines. It’s natural, minimally invasive, with no side effects. Relax and unwind and get the refreshed, rejuvenated look you’ve always wanted. Book your treatment today!
COSMETIC ACUPUNCTURE FREQUENTY ASKED QUESTIONS
How Does Cosmetic Acupuncture Work?
Cosmetic acupuncture, also referred to as acupuncture face lift, uses centuries old Chinese medical theory to restore and rejuvenate your skin from the inside out. A combination of acupuncture, herbal masks and jade roller massge is used to increase blood circulation to the face promoting collagen production, increased muscle tone and tightening facial tissue for a healthy, glowing complexion.
What Results Can I Expect From an Acupuncture Face Lift?
- Increases circulation, therefore oxygenates the skin
- Tightens and tones skin
- Helps minimize or eliminate fine lines
- Helps reduce frown lines
- Helps lift sagging skin, puffy or droopy eyelids
- Increases collagen production
- Improves muscle tone and dermal contraction
- Evens facial complexion and tone
- Softens scars
- Because acupuncture works from the inside out, you won’t just look better but you will feel better too!
What Is The Course Of Treatment?
A typical course of treatment is between 10-12 sessions, twice a week for 5-6 weeks. Each individual will respond differently to the treatment depending on their age and lifestyle. Visible results will be noticeable after 6 -7 sessions. Maintenance may be needed once every month.
What to expect during a cosmetic acupuncture treatment?
A treatment session will include the following:
· Initial assessment and diagnosis
· Cleanse and exfoliate skin
· Herbal facial Mask
· Medical and Cosmetic Acupuncture
· Facial Jade Roller Massage (acupressure)
Note that each treatment will be tailored according to each individual’s constitution. The customized treatment will work externally on the skin condition and also internally to bring balance between the individual’s mind, body and spirit.
Duration of treatment ranges from an hour to an hour and a half.
What Are The Risks Involved with Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Acupuncture face lift is a less invasive procedure then surgery and the risks and injuries are minimal. The risks of using acupuncture include minor bruising. Treatment is not recommended for those that suffer from a bleeding disorder.
How long do Results Last?
Results last from 3 to 5 years. Note that maintaining a healthy lifestyle and diet are essential to prolonging the effects of an acupuncture face lift.