If you are trying to have a baby, you’ve come to the right place. The world of fertility has been my passion project since the start of my practice and I am constantly looking for new methods and staying abreast of the latest research to achieve success for my patients. My goal is the same as yours – for you to have a healthy baby. I provide you with the information and means in order to take the steps necessary to achieve this goal. It takes approximately 100 days for both an egg and sperm to fully mature – let’s make them the best 100 yet!
As each woman and man is unique, so are the treatment plans, but important components of Dr. Trowell’s care for Male and Female Fertility include:
- Hormonal Balance: Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH), Luteinizing Hormone (LH), Estrogen, Progesterone, Testosterone, DHEAS, Insulin, Cortisol, Prolactin, Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) – with some many hormones to balance, it’s no wonder that they sometimes go askew! Then to complicate it a little more, it is necessary to have these hormones tested at the correct time to ensure they are functioning as they should. Part of my role as your naturopathic doctor, is help you understand what these hormones do and what the numbers mean FOR YOU. Using therapies like acupuncture, supplements and herbal medicine, we are able to enhanced clearance of excess hormones, support deficiencies and achieve hormonal balance. This is crucial for both men and women. Even more so if you are undergoing IUI or IVF.
- Nutritional Status: An optimal fertility diet is rich in antioxidants, essential micronutrient and healthy fats. I am serious making high quality food choices that fits your lifestyle and dietary preferences. Our holistic approach to nutrition ensures you get the nutrients necessary for optimal egg and sperm health. Forget complicated or restrictive diets, great nutrition starts with fresh, whole foods that will leave you feeling energized all day.
- Healthy Metabolism: Managing your weight within a healthy range becomes an important goal for men and women trying to conceive. This is done through specific diet and exercise advice in combination with therapies tailored to the specific deficits in your metabolic pathways. Lifestyle recommendations address exercises that are safe for fertility and a more positive mindset to reduce the impact of stress. By maximizing your metabolism and correcting any underlying hormonal imbalances (including cortisol), you are on your way to a healthier, more balanced you!
- Environmental Assessment: More than ever, the negative impact of environmental toxins and endocrine disrupting chemicals are affecting our ability to conceive and the genes we pss on to our children. Although it is impossible to live a 100% toxin-free lifestyle, there are certainly steps you can take to reduce the toxins in your home and the potential chemical burden in your body (and future baby).
- LGBTQ family: There are several pathways to parenthood and we believe in equal access for everyone. I am proud to provide LGBTQ friendly services at our clinic in a warm and inclusive environment. No matter what your personal situation, we are happy to discuss your reproductive options together and find the best one for you.