Mercier Abdominal Massage
Abdominal massage is the use of specific deep tissue manipulation in the pelvic, low back and sacral area to help reduce adhesions in the reproductive tract.
Adhesions act like glue — disrupting the function and flow of the uterus. The massage involves gentle stretching to loosen tightened areas of soft tissue and is continued until the tension is released. The goal is to decrease adhesions in and around the uterus, ligaments, muscles, joints and support structures of the pelvis, abdomen, hips and lower back. It is gentle and noninvasive and has a success rate of 71% (Medscape General Medicine 6(2), 2004).
The therapy can retrain pelvic organs to return to their normal position and increasing your chances of conceiving and improving your health at the same time.
Abdominal massage has proven to help the following issues:
- Poly cystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Pelvic Scaring or adhesions from previous surgery
- Sexual Abuse trauma
- Persistent pelvic pain
- Sexual function
Adhesions develop through a woman’s lifetime in various ways:
- Abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Back or Hip surgery
- Endometriosis, sexually transmitted disease, IUD
- Fall onto hip, buttocks, or tailbone
- Pelvic inflammatory disease, bladder or yeast infections
- Physical trauma or vehicle accident
- Physical or sexual abuse
- Physical PMS symptoms Vaginitis, cystitis, colitis, other pelvic inflammation