Cosmetic Acupuncture and Facial Rejuvenation
As we age we become more aware of the changes in the texture and complexion of our skin, deepening of our smile lines and frown lines. Who wouldn’t want to have rested, rejuvenated skin naturally? Cosmetic Acupuncture is a painless, non surgical method of reducing the signs of the aging process using acupuncture needles to decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the face.
This natural facial rejuvenation can help lift tired muscles, shrink pores, improve facial complexion while reducing fine lines like smile lines, frown lines and forehead lines.
We take a holistic approach to improving your skin from the inside out. We take a look at your overall health provide a treatment plan that will help to improve any underlying health concerns to ensure your body is in the best shape possible to not only help you look better but to help you feel better. Here is what you can expect from an 1.5 hour long Cosmetic Acupuncture treatment:
- Initial consultation to determine all health related concerns while also identifying problem areas in the face and skin.
- Medical acupuncture, acupuncture points are placed along the body to help decrease any adverse health concerns.
- Soothing Facial herbal mask is gently painted on to your neck and face to help promote blood flow in the facial muscles, shrink pores and smooth complexion.
- Cold compress of green tea eye patches are placed over the eyes to gently cool and decrease puffiness.
- Once mask is dry it is gently massaged off face and neck.
- The mask is followed with acupuncture points on the face. These acupuncture points will target the major muscle groups around the jaw, forehead and eyes to help stimulate and lift tired muscles.
- Finally once the acupuncture points are removed off the body and face. We apply moisturizing eye and face cream that is gently massaged on with cool jade rollers. Leaving your face cool,
So you may be asking how does acupuncture do all of this. Well we use acupuncture needles to stimulate the major muscle groups around the eyes, jaw and forehead to help lift muscles, promote circulation and decrease inflammation. We use tiny dermal needles to create a micro injury within the fine lines on the face, this causes the body to produce collagen in response to the micro injury. The collagen puffs the fine line out and diminishes its appearance.
Acupuncture can be a natural way to help rejuvenate your skin and reduce the appearance of fine line. It’s natural, non- invasive , with no side effects. Relax and unwind and get the refreshed rejuvenated look you’ve always wanted. Book your treatment today!
COSMETIC ACUPUNCTURE FAQ
How Does Cosmetic Acupuncture Work?
Cosmetic acupuncture also referred to as acupuncture face lift uses centuries old Chinese medical theory to restore and rejuvenate your skin from the inside out. A combination of acupuncture, herbal masks and tuina massage is used to increase blood circulation to the face promoting collagen production, increased muscle tone and tightening facial tissue for a healthy, glowing complexion.
What results can I expect from an Acupuncture face lift?
- Increases circulation, therefore oxygenates the skin
- Tightens and tones skin
- Help minimize or eliminate fine lines;
- Help reduce frown lines;
- Help lift sagging skin, puffy or droopy eyelids;
- Increase collagen production;
- Improve muscle tone and dermal contraction;
- Even facial complexion and tone
- Soften scars
- Because acupuncture works from the inside out, you not only look better but you feel better too.
What is the course of Treatment?
One course of the treatment is between 10-12 sessions, twice a week for 5-6 weeks. Each individual will respond differently to the treatment depending on their age and lifestyle. Visible results will be noticeable after 6 -7 sessions. Maintenance may be needed once every month.
What to expect during a cosmetic acupuncture treatment?
For the best results, a series of 10-12 sessions performed twice a week is recommended. Monthly maintenance sessions will prolong the results as will facial exercises, a healthy diet and a balanced lifestyle. A treatment session will include the following:
· Initial Assessment and Diagnosis
· Cleanse and Exfoliate skin
· Herbal Facial Mask
· Medical and Cosmetic Acupuncture
· Facial Tuina Massage (acupressure)
Note that each treatment will be tailored according to each individual’s constitution. Therefore the treatments will work externally on the skin condition and also internally to bring balance between the individual’s mind, body and spirit.
Duration of treatment ranges from an hour to an hour and a half.
What are the risks involved with Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Acupuncture face lift is a less invasive procedure then surgery and the risks and injuries are minimal. The risks of using acupuncture includes minor bruising. Treatment is not recommended for those that suffer from a bleeding disorder.
How long do results last?
Results last from 3 to 5 years. Note that maintaining a healthy lifestyle and diet are essential to prolonging the effects of an acupuncture face lift.